Re: TB: Edith Wolford or Jurassic Park (or something else)?

I've decided to weigh in on this one, too, my interest piqued by Jeff's
description of what does well for him. Surprisingly, since our growing conditions
are different and distant, his experience is much like mine. EDITH WOLFORD has
a reputation for not doing well here in the cold winter/ humid summer
northeast. It never performed well for me and I no longer grow it. Both BOYSENBERRY
BUTTERCUP and JURASSIC PARK are outstanding, but JP is so much darker that I
wouldn't put it in the same color class. EARTH SONG performs better than EW; not
as well as BB. Another in this color class is HELEN WANNER (P. Smith, 1986),
which was popular here for a while and performed much better than EW. I don't
believe it ever received much distribution and it is probably hard to find now.
I no longer have it.

Dorothy Stiefel
Spencer, NY, USA (USDA 4/5)
Reticulatas near the house in glorious bloom, though there is still some snow
in the shadows.