TB:Pot culture

I've copied this and changed the tag so it will be easier to find in a
search.  I've not made an extensive venture into pot culture. I'm  hoping to do
more this summer. Harold does extensive pot culture.
<<Betty,  you got time to give details on your pot  culture?  I might want
to try  that too.>>

Linda,  there aren't that many details. This is one of those pots with a
built  in saucer.  Not really self watering but it does hold water.    It's
plastic.  Now that I think of it, this one may not be quite  17  inches, but
close.  I've number of large pots but this is  the only one I devoted to

Edith was one of those Wal-Mart  impulse buys.  When I got home, I had  no
space for it.   Nothing was growing in the pot at that time so I stuck  Edith
it.  (1998) (old soil and all)  I'd grown Edith before so I   was thrilled to
see it was true to name.  Last year, it was the one  that  visitors loved
Non-iris people saw her and replied that  they  understood my addiction now!
Easy to see why so many people  love it.

I must admit I'm not that careful with Edith.    I give her a  shot of
Grow when I think of it.  As the  summer gets going I forget  to water her
more often than not.   Most years I buy some of those small  fertilizer
stakes for
her.   I only replace soil when I dig and divide her.  This year, my downfall
may be that I can't throw irises away and the pot is  too  crowded.  Tiny
pieces I thought were dead have sprouted and the  pot  looks more full than
when I
dug last summer!  Most of the  time I use Bacto  in my pots . . . a
mix.  It's  expensive but I never dump  it.   Just recycle.  I can't  find
anything else that pleases  me.  I usually mix some  fertilizer down in the
before I add new soil  and replace the  rhizomes.

Edith and Beverly Sills were planted in the garden last  year,  also.   Had
try them one more time!

Still raining HERE!

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: