Re: TB: Edith Wolford or Jurassic Park and Pots

Thanks for all of your input. I suppose, as a newcomer to the iris world,
that I am most surprised by all of the posts about how EW doesn't grow well. I
would have thought that a prerequisite for the Dykes Medal would be good growth
habits in wide, diverse climates. Thought I had read that somewhere, but I am
possibly mistaken.
Again, I appreciate the input.

Pots:
I have several transplants from my mom and two new rhizomes in pots. Tom
Johnson and Crowned Heads (both purchased last year) are both extraordinarily
healthy looking. Crowned Heads was a fairly large rhizome with thick roots when I
received it in September; TJohnson was a rather small rhizome with far fewer
roots than CH. I ran out of space in my prepared beds. Now, today, Tom Johnson
has eight fans and Crowned Heads has seven fans, and I am hoping that they
bloom a lot! The climate is exactly the same; the drainage is the difference for
sure. That is my experience at least.

Mike in SC, Zone 8