Re: TB: Edith Wolford or Jurassic Park and Pots

Mike, you might try seeing if you can contact Janet Natale.  I haven't seen
but one or two posts from her in several months, but as of Jan '04 her e-mail
address was GardnrJan1@aol.com .

She lives (or lived?) near you in the Myrtle Beach area the last I knew.  I
recall from her comments that the at-the-beach behavior of irises is about as
different from normal inland performance as that of the tourists visiting the
beach.

The heat, humidity and air movements on eastern continental sites in the
temperate zones place unique stresses and demands on plants.  Not all garden
items comfortable fifty miles inland thrive in the coastal zones.  On the
other hand, there are others uniquely adapted to the climate.

I will try to find the most recent post from Janet as I am sure I saw one on
one of the sites I visit not too long ago.  It is possible her e-mail address
has changed.  If I find anything different from what is above, I'll let you
know.

Neil Mogensen  z 7 Reg 4, and a looooong ways inland from Myrtle Beach in the
western NC mountains.