TB:Germination:This and That

This and that.
An iris friend made me look at my germination pots in this cold, biting
wind!  It is wicked today.  I found enough new seedlings to keep me  excited for a
few days!
Never give up!  Yucky looking seed?  Plant them  anyway!  I've a friend that
pushes me to use Memphis Miss in  breeding.  Last year he brought a bloom
stalk of Frappe and insisted I make  the cross!  It was the only cross I made on
MM that took!  (out of  about 10) Then the stalk collapsed and the seed (100+)
looked very immature,  whitish pink, and small.  When it came time to plant, I
almost threw them  in the trash.  They looked awful.  Right now I have 2
seedlings  sprouted from this cross!  They may be the only ones . . . but that
would  be okay because, once again, I've reminded myself that seed are  never too
bad to plant!
Late last fall, I rounded up all my old seedling pots, but I was so
busy/tired I didn't get them dumped. Today we discovered seedlings from 2001,  2002,
2003, AND 2004. And I may find new seedlings from the 2000 set.  Will  I plant
them all?  You bet.  There's good stuff!  However, the  2001 & 2002 will get
dumped this year. <vbg>  (where I can  find them)

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: