Re: TB: Edith Wolford or Jurassic Park --Thanks, Neil

Your comments are so timely. March and April bring furious winds here, and
the biggest thing I wondered about before planting these iris was how they would
stand up to the wind. Well, today is by far the most furious wind we've seen
yet here. As I write I am looking out the window and the trees are just waving
furiously. It is supposed to be gusting in the 40-45 mph range today, and it
does NOT stop. It's relentless. April is usually the worst month for it, too.

Thus far, the irises (and they have not bloomed yet) seem to be pretty
resiliant, but I am afraid that even if I stake bloom stalks, a day like today will
really take its toll on them.

I would love to talk to another person in Myrtle Beach!

Mike Williams