Re: RE: TB POT CULTURE

In a message dated 4/2/2005 4:01:51 P.M. Central Standard Time,
gschubert@earthlink.net writes:

What  specifically differentiates this stuff from plain old
sphagnum peat, which  seems like would be terrible for this application?
Gosh, folks, it's COLD out there!  I've used it for years and usually  try to
keep an empty bag around but couldn't remember where I put the last  one.  So
I cut chunks out of one of the full bags.  LOL!

Baccto/Lite Potting Soil.  Complete and Ready to  use.  Prod line reads:
"BACCTO Lite Potting Soil is a scientifically  developed planting mix that
features a natural blend of sphagnum peat.   This pre-moistened, all-purpose mix is
ready to use out of the bag for indoor  and outdoor potted plants as well as
for starting seeds and rooted  cuttings."

One might say, "potting soil is potting soil!"  I've picked up the  cheap
stuff at Lowe's, K-Mart etc. and all potting soil is not the same.

What I use is Product #1420=blended Sphagnum Peat . . .  85-90% Perlite.  I
always ask for dry bags. . . It's hard to handle  if they've had it stacked up
outside and it's gotten wet.   They have  other variations listed as Top Soil,
Sphagnum Peat Moss, etc.  But the Lite  is what I always get.

Yes.  It is a product of Michigan Peat Company @ _www.michiganpeat.com_
(http://www.michiganpeat.com)

Now, for a good supplier of pots: _www.mortonproducts.com_
(http://www.mortonproducts.com)