Re: HYB:TB:Sprouting:Bloom sequence

A question  I'd like to know the answer to also - if you get offlist
comment, would you post here for the rest of us?

I've asked the same question here before, & got confusing (to me)
replies.  "easy" germination vs "difficult" and first year germination
vs later were all scrambled up with season (soil temperature?  duration
of soil temperature?) of germination & therefore bloom.

Concensus was that plicatas and pinks germinate 'first'.  First year?
First each season?

Whichever, I wasn't able to find out if the <first pinks> to germinate
were also the <first pinks> to bloom each season, or whether the first
plicatas to germinate were the first plicatas to bloom.

Like you, I plant the biggest seedlings first.  This year, I'm at least
trying to keep track of which year seedlings came up to compare
performance,

Keeping track of which seedlings in each cross germinates first would be
nearly impossible with all the shuffling in and outdoors I'm doing to
maximize chilling cycles.

But I can at least take some notes on which crosses that I planted
outdoors germinated first this year, then see if that has any
relationship to when the seedlings bloom during the season.

<  Can anyone say, with certainty, if an early seedling (sprouting) goes
on  to    be an early bloomer?
                   To make a very broad generalization, plicatas sprout
first and bloom  first!

                   Has anyone kept any records on this subject? Betty W.
in  South-central KY Zone 6>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8