Re: Re: HYB:TB:Sprouting:Bloom sequence

In a message dated 4/3/2005 11:12:14 A.M. Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

Concensus was that plicatas and pinks germinate 'first'.  First  year?
First each season?

My personal take is season.  Since you mentioned this earlier I've  checked
my pots and I've more current activity in the pink crosses!  (many  sibs (30 or
more)  to the 1810-1RE (pink amoena) that I posted last  fall)  Now
(yesterday) the plicatas have started sprouting. Noteworthy  that 2 crosses on RADIANT
BLISS (plic) have NO sprouts.
One red sprouted early . . . a red seedling X Mastery.  Today, the  first
sprouts on a blue/purple.
At this point I have no guess as to 1st vs 2nd year sprouts but I'm in good
shape to find out with all the 2nd & 3rd year sprouts I'm getting  now. Lots
more from 1812! Hope I don't get too busy to make  notes.
Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: