Re: HYB:TB: Sprouting:Bloom sequence

An experienced hybridizer tells me that most of the time the sequence of
sprouting is indicative of the bloom season.

If it sprouted early, it will bloom early, with an exception now and

First I. germanica stalk well up, first TB stalk forming in the fan (one
of the seedlings that bloomed last fall), buds forming in fans of at
least one SDB, all the I. reticulata bought on sale at WalMart after
Christmas in full bloom.  Beautiful, windy, highly allergenic, sinus
headache producing day!
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8