Re: HYB: Rot and Seedling Selection

Not yet.

My guess is that a good seedling might not have any of the bad genes,
even if it has bad sibs .

Especially since it seems to be so much easier to get bad kids than
really good ones, my bet is that once you have the 'good' genes together
in one plant, the "bad" genes are gone.  Only problem is that 'good' and
'bad' are relative - so what seems good in your growing conditions might
be really bad somewhere else.

Only example I have that comes close is second generation from
IMMORTALITY X CELEBRATION SONG.  CSONG can rot (not in my gravel, but
reported from other places), some of the sibs rotted, some of the kids
from a second generation outcross to a sometimes rotter also sometimes
rotted, but not more than half.

Gee whiz, I just read over what I wrote, & I don't think that's any help
at all! Blame it on pollen induced brain fuzz..

<Does anyone have any
                   experience with seedlings whose sibs are poor with
                   to results in subsequent generations?>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8