Re: HYB: Rot and Seedling Selection

Im hoping to use our climate to advantage.   Springs are
fairly straight forward,  but we alternate between very dry
and then wet and humid through the summers.   Winter is
fairly uneven as well.   Rot isnt often a huge problem
here, excect last year when we had excessive rain during
the heat of July.

I was surprised how many I lost this March.  We had some
very warm weather and then it was quite cold again without
snow cover.  Interestingly on the seedlings that were
misbehaving, it was only the center rhizome, all of the
increases seemed fine.  And of course there is the
possibility that this cross didnt appreciate being pushed
as hard as they were.

Well its so close, I imagine that Ill see what they look
like anyway.  I may try and match anything I cross with
something that does well in the vale.  That should help as
far as rot goes.

Thanks everyone!

Robin Shadlow
Zone 5 NE

where Linda makes perfect sense to me, even on allergy meds!

http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps charities.

Make a Difference: Stop Canada's cruel and senseless baby seal hunt!
http://www.care2.com/go/z/saveseals