Thanks for input, Francelle and Kitty.  Francelle, that's excellent
advice and I'll surely pay close attention, especially when it gets
really hot.  I usually water regularly until July 4th when I summer rains
start, then cut back.  We also added some peat moss which has been good
for holding moisture since we mostly have very sandy soil.  So, will have
to watch very closely and I'll dig and pot up per your instructions if I
see any rot.  Francelle, you are in for a BIG treat at the Ishman garden
for sure.  I was there yesterday.  It could compete with the best
Convention gardens I've ever seen.

Good questions, Kitty.  They get morning sun and late afternoon and have
had iris in these beds for about 10 years.  Time to rotate crops?  Weed
free and it was a new planting last Sept.  I've not used Bone Meal in the
past because of it taking so long to break down, but if one adds it every
year, I could see the benefit eventually.

Thanks, again Ladies.   Jan/Tucson/8/9