TB: Weather: Culture

after 8 running hours of hail pounding the weekend before >
Dave - Have you ever considered moving? (vbg)  It sounds like the weather is super-hard on you iris!
Yesterday I put down Merit (Bayer Advanced Grub Control); today I'm wetting down and fertilizing those iris still in my garden - those I potted in anticipation of selling and moving, will wait until after bloom time (when I intend to till the beds  - or at least one of them this year).  Most of those in the pots (with BACCTO) did survive and are doing well.  Some I lost - one that really bums me out is that rotter (for me) CELEBRATION SONG.  It had plenty of time to settle in before freezing temps hit,  and after two generous souls sent me pieces to replace mine that died, it was one of those that didn't make it.
I'm trying to ignore the catalogs until next year - will have my hands full replanting the potted iris in July/August. But the good news is that most of those potted (and we had another exceptionally bitter winter) DID survive.  My dwarfs are going crazy - should get great bloom from those in the garden!
Still think we should rent a bus and follow the bloom season across the  country (g).
Linda B.
Troy, MI
Zone 6a
Linda Bartell