TB: Weather: Culture

Linda, I read your comments about potting while reconditioning your soil with
great interest.  I've rescued some problem growers (no fault of the
iris--moles disturbed them more than I realized) and potted them, and they
went through the winter in the pots.  WEARING RUBIES has a bud coming up.

I thought the pots would be too small to let the irises have room to bloom.
Last year I had nearly lost WR and a few others, and thought the little sprig
I rescued would make it if a miracle happened.  It just attests to the vigor
of the variety that not only did it survive, it has several increases and a
bloom.

The bus ride across country (south to north I assume) sounds like great fun.
Iris gypsies!  Shades of the '60's and treks to Woodstock those great rock
concerts....

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4  western NC mountains