Subject: CULT:aphids

I found a great (really works) recipe for aphid killer.  It's 4 teaspoons of
Country Time Lemonade powder mix and 2 cups of water.  You put it in a
little hand held trigger sprayer and the lemonoids kill the aphids without
harming your lady bugs.

My Spuria iris are in too shady of an area and (I guess this is the reason)
they end up covered thick in aphids.  I sprayed them about 5 weeks ago with
this solution and still haven't had any return.  I don't know if it hurts
the thrips or not.  I just know it really works on aphids. I imagine if you
have a really large area you could just adjust the recipe for a one gallon
or so pump sprayer.

Linda Harrington

Midland, TX

Zone 8