Cult: What's up, you say?

All of my MDBs and SDBs are blooming now.  David Stoll, President of our C&P
Iris Society, and I were looking at our seedling gardens, which are located a
few miles from our homes, this evening, noting some bloomstalks just beginning
to show on some intermediates.  Then I came home and was astounded to find
bloomstalks already up and out of the fans on more TBs than I can count!  It's
gonna be a weird year.

Also, I gave away a culled seedling to a neighbor a few years ago, and it
turned out to be a rebloomer and a vigorous one.  She kept importuning me to
reclaim a start of it, so I did, digging and replanting 3 rhizomes last year.
The critter started blooming yesterday and has 12 bloomstalks.  Even though
the flower form is behind the times, I guess I'm going to have to do something
with it, to see if I can impart that vigor to something worthwhile.   --

zone 7 in Virginia