RE:Planting Depth

Preliminary report on winter survival of planting depth experiment, rhizome with mother rhizome attatched.

As you remember I planted 10 plants each at
1) Half exposed
2) Just backs exposed
3) 1/2"
4) 1"
5) 2"

There were some winter losses in all catagories except 1" depth. Worst damage in rhizomes half exposed. Rot often seemed to start in mother rhizome. Still some attempts to grow in parts of damaged plants so I will watch these some more. All mother rhizomes that survived are puting out increases, often 4-5 starts and some have more starts then main rhizome. Final overwintering report for first winter will follow when plants have stabilized. No treatment will be provided for any plants so I need to wait for mother nature to finish her program .

Chuck Chapman.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.