CAT: adapting to diff climate

In the past, we've often discussed how much/whether it matters where
plants come from, how much they have to 'adjust' to a 'new' climate.

It's been interesting watching the around 50 rhizomes returned last year
from a seedling sent to the California convention.  Some seem to have
settled right in and are almost indistinguishable from the ones that
never left home, but others are struggling.

I planted them in about 4 groups (seems like there were 5, but I can't
remember where the 5th one is at the moment....) - some locations in the
'garden' seem to have been easier for them to adapt to than others.

It will be interesting to see how bloom is affected as well as long term

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8