Re: Re:TB:CULT:weather

Thought I was going to have a good year this year.  Everything is late,
lots of rain.  Still cool (I think it's hit 80F once or twice so far). The
wind was behaving, and it has only barely been below freezing a couple of
times lately (a few mornings ago there was a light frost, but no plant
tissue was frozen).  The IB's are finishing up, dwarves are history, and
the TB's are starting to pop.  Sounds good.

However, very few stalks this year, mostly just short stunted leaves.  The
ones that are sending up stalks had over half snapped off a few nights ago
when it blew 70 to 90 mph all night .  Anything not broken and showing
color is opening with dried and crumpled split edges.  I really need to
get some  walls put up - should cut the wind by enough to matter a lot.
Ah, but there is another however, there are many that are barely showing
the start of stalks even while others right next to them are in full
flower.  It looks like a stretch season as well as a late season this
year, so perhaps It'll get better.  I may even have TB in June this year?

central NM
USDA Zone 8a (I think)