Re: RE: CULT: Measuring bloomstalks

On Apr 27, 2005, at 6:31 AM, Mary Swann-Young wrote:

I've never
actually seen it written anywhere, but I'm guessing you measure height of
bloom from the point the stalk emerges from the rhizome to the top of the
highest open terminal bloom. Is this right?
I asked Keith Keppel this same question a couple of years ago, and he confirmed that what you assume above is correct ... with one addition. The registered height of the cv should be the *average* of the height of all stalks in a mature clump.