Re: Re: AIS: St. Louis Convention

I think it is a splendid idea that presenters and programs could be recorded. About 10 years ago I organized and chaired a groundbreaking Iris symposium with some truly famous Iris people. I had a professional audio-visual person video tape the whole 10 presentations.
 Afterword when viewing the tapes I discovered the expert with all his equipment had totally  messed up the entire thing and essentially nothing was usable and a rather historic event was lost accept in the minds of the participants. But I do think that the effort should be made. Since the TBIS was responsible for creating this unnecessary conflict I would propose that they hire the people to preserve it.

willwarner@alltel.net wrote:
Any chance the programs are recorded? By either group? It would be
nice if the groups would record the programs and have them available to
the regional clubs and members, kinda like the slide libraries. In our
local club one member tapes our local show and burns it to DVD. It is
then offered to members, the cost is very low, just to cover expenses. It
is very nice to have. Is anything like this available from the AIS and
TBIS?? These programs would be a great asset to the clubs and a
historical record of these hybridizers. Sales could even be a fundraising
idea.
Will Warner

> From: Ranchiris@aol.com
> Date: 2005/04/29 Fri PM 06:46:44 CDT
> To: iris@hort.net
> Subject: [iris] Re: AIS: St. Louis Convention
>
> As I am also a member of TBIS, I am disappointed in the recent
decisions
> made. I would love to hear Rick Ernst's program, too, and am sad that
I won't