AIS: St. Louis Convention

I heartily agree with Arnold. Many of the AIS members are elderly and unable to travel &/or walk about easily as well as not being able to afford to grow iris if they attend conventions. We are a society that is dedicated to promoting iris and what better way than to make reasonably priced recordings available to those who want them. I would suggest that the web site address for AIS be added to the video or disk so recipients can contact them for further information if they wish. The members who recieve them can use them to give programs at schools and other organizations. This would enable parents with young children to learn about iris and perhaps swell the ranks of younger members in the society and local clubs. I can see all sorts of possibilities if there were digital or video recordings available at reasonable prices. I would use them as tuck in gifts for friends and relatives who live in other states and give them a gift certificate for some iris as well. Our genealogy society has had requests for presentations to clubs so several of us have developed a program that we can present to promote the society and it always results in new members for the society. We are doing power point programs which are very well received too.

Patti who will be unable to attend the convention this year.

Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

Will, the recording on DVD (could be on VCR, too, though I realize that is not
the latest technology) is a great idea.  Many people can never afford the
money or the time to go to a national convention, but this would bring the
convention to their clubs.    The fact that some of the officers of TBIS have
chosen to make a confrontation, which as a TBIS member I greatly dislike, may
have been the reason that this suggestion got made now, but it shouldn't be an
issue.  EVERY group that holds a national meeting should record its programs
ALL the time.  That would really be a service to every irisarian.  The cost
must be minimal, considering how common such recording has become.