From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of Robt R
Pries
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 12:06 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] Re: AIS: St. Louis Convention

Although I do agree with the idea of video taping speakers, the attempt I
made several years back tyurned out so badly that I guess i am a bit burned
by the idea. I still think it is a good one but I realize that there is some
preparation that needs to be made ahead for good results. If I was in charge
of the convention it is certainly something i would have tried.

Laurie Frazer <laurief@paulbunyan.net> wrote:On Apr 30, 2005, at 11:38 AM,
Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

> EVERY group that holds a national meeting should record its programs
> ALL the time. That would really be a service to every irisarian.

I couldn't agree more!!! I have never had, nor is it likely I will
have, the opportunity to attend any iris convention or meeting. I
would LOVE the opportunity to view the speakers' programs and the
judges' trainings offered at these events. I can't think of a better
way to service club and society members and to promote a wider variety
of irises to the broadest possible audience.

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg
normal annual precipitation 26-27"