OT:long lines of text and even longer ones

Recently I changed monitors.  I was given one with a nineteen inch screen
which I have found wonderfully helpful.  It also allowed chosing the 1024 x
768 image size.  Since then my posts have had unusually long lines, requiring
moving the horizontal slider bar back and forth.  I find this awkward, making
the posts difficult to read.  I am sure others have found the same.  For the
purposes of posts to Iris-talk and Iris-photos, I am resetting the screen
resolution to 800 x 600 as I had it before to see if this restores the much
easier screen-fitting line length of the messages.  This is a test of the
change to see if it has the desired effect.

I also note on several who post that text lines do not wrap, and run great
distances.  In order to read them I have been copying the text and pasting it
into a Notepad window which establishes a temporary word wrap.

I believe there is an option that can be selected either in Outlook Express or
in the equivalent which comes up when a person posts on the list directly in
response to another message for setting word-wrap as "On."  I would like to
ask a favor of all who post to check to see what their setting is, and if
possible set it to "Word wrap ON," as I find especially of value what people
have to say, but some particularly difficult to read.

I would appreciate this very much, and I offer apology to any who have found
my own difficult due to line length issues.  I will refrain from making
remarks about my sometimes rather turgid text.

Neil Mogensen  z 7 Reg 4 western NC mountains