Re: Stress testing - Ice Cream Social

In a message dated 4/30/2005 10:35:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
hensler@povn.com writes:

> You didn't water and feed ICS did you? She's not used
> to such treatment here. :-)

Lack of water is never an issue here. Rainfall is about 50 inches per year,
more or less evenly distributed throughout the year. The bed itself is a
stratified sandwich construction. The bottom layer is native alkaline clay broken to
a depth of 12 inches with what ever weeds that were present incorporated into
the clay. The native clay is topped with an eight inch layer of fine yellow
acid sand. The bed was top dressed with 5-20-20 in the fall. The surface of the
bed is sloped at a rather steep 40 degrees.

I'd like to see some more of your "art color" stuff. Ice Cream Social has me
real curious about the entire series.

As a point in passin', I put some Poetess pollen on it this morning. Sure
hope it takes.

Bill Burleson