RE: seedling increase

Christian wrote:
Do y'all see increases by fall on the seedlings you line out in the spring?
Christian I get plenty of increase on most median seedlings over the summer, and most TB's are starting to put up some increase by Autumn (Fall). Some SDB's have as many as 14 increase and may put up several bloom stalks in Spring (I hope:-)
My (hopefully) best crosses are given the best soil.
I like to have my seedlings lined out by October, although some don't make it into the ground until November, as I usually make the most of space by growing on all my spares from my TB divisions, to put on the trading table at the main show, at the end of October. When I lift them I dig and prepare the soil immediately and in go any seedlings looking for space.

Cheers, Jan in Aus.