Re: RE: seedling increase

LOL,

  I started to get all excited that someone was getting fall germinants into the ground and they were surviving the winter....

  then I noticed it was Oz.

  Still...still trying to wrap my brain around it...

   christian
  kh

Jan Clark <janclarx@hotmail.com> wrote:
  Christian wrote:
> Do y'all see increases by fall on the seedlings you line out in the
>spring?

Christian I get plenty of increase on most median seedlings over the summer,
and most TB's are starting to put up some increase by Autumn (Fall). Some
SDB's have as many as 14 increase and may put up several bloom stalks in
Spring (I hope:-)
My (hopefully) best crosses are given the best soil.
I like to have my seedlings lined out by October, although some don't make
it into the ground until November, as I usually make the most of space by
growing on all my spares from my TB divisions, to put on the trading table
at the main show, at the end of October. When I lift them I dig and prepare
the soil immediately and in go any seedlings looking for space.

Cheers, Jan in Aus.