Re: HYB: Other Tough Cultivars

89-390-2 was pure hite, some yellow in hfts and in beards. Both parent grow well here. This plant inreases rapidly here and I send out lots of is, as extras if customer doesn't buy one. Also been send out as guests to numerous southen climets. As I have a first year survival guarante, I hear back about problems. I can't recall ever having a problem with GB anywhere. Even when it crowds itself it still blooms.
As it is a dominant reduction of anthocyanin ( I ) it will reduce anthocyanin in at least half of its babies. The reduction of catotene is recessive, so this can be removed easily in cross with any carotene plants. It does not have lycopene so it would take a couple of generations to get the tangerine gene back in. A good foil for what ever you are working on.

Chuck Chapman

Chuck, have you heard reports back from hot wet summer areas? Sounds
like one I should try here. I think you've mentioned it to me before,
but because it is white, I didn't remember to look for it, however, now
that I've looked up the pedigree, you have my attention...

Interesting mix of ancestors - reds, patterned peach, whites,
blues..some rebloom carriers....
GARDEN BRIDE (R. 1998). TB 37" (94 cm) ML. Heavily ruffled white self;
beards white, yellow in throat; slight fragrance.
89-390-2: (Cotton Carnival x Crystal Glitters) X Breakers.

What color was 89-390-2? Wondering how hard it would be to get rid of

Do you know if COTTON CARNIVAL is Kentucky, Georgia, or California bred
& selected? Can't keep those Mohr's and where they've hybridized
- --
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!