Re: Re: HYB: Other Tough Cultivars

In a message dated 4/3/2006 7:15:36 P.M. Central Standard Time,
flatnflashy@yahoo.com writes:

<<hmm, speaking of paying attention to the pedigree.... COTTON  CARNIVAL is a
child of CUP RACE.....>>
Christian as far as I've been able to tell CUP RACE grew well in my part of
KY.  I grew it once as 1 of 800 and don't remember any problems with  it.  I
know that others grew it in my iris society.  One of them gave  it to me.  This
is not meant as a guarantee, since one of my club members  also grow BEVERLY
SILLS well.
In addition . . . when I took EDITH WOLFORD in for the club sale in 2004
they didn't want it since most people can't grow it!  I planted a piece  back in
my regular garden.  It was in one of the two beds that I didn't get  to clean
last year!  Found it alive last week.  Growing slow but  alive.

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: