To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:52 AM
Subject: [iris] REF: HYB: New RHS colour chart

Hi all,
I have been trying for a while to find a satisfactory solution to the problem of identifying colours for registering seedlings. The RHS colour chart is the accepted standard, but at 135 UK pounds + postage, it doesn't come close to being within my budget.

I discovered today that there is a new mini version of the colour chart, which the Royal Horticultural Society has produced in consultation with the Flower Council of Holland. It contains 244 RHS colours, (versus 884 for the full version). I know that having fewer colours may make it even harder to find an accurate match to the seedling colours (I have tried out someone else's full version of the RHS chart), but it costs 25 pounds, vs. 135.

So I just wondered if anyone had experience with the new mini version or if they had an alternative colour chart to recommend.

Ann Head
South Australia

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.