CULT: weird things

I suspect the January warm spell (the whole month) is at the root of some weird things happening here. My new SDB seedlings are just beginning to bloom -- many of them stunted -- but a reblooming intermediate has been blooming for 2 days, Clarence is already showing color (!) and Eternal Bliss has two stalks up. So many SDBs are showing color that I'm going to feel like Gulliver in Lilliput in a couple of days. The good news is that we finally had a good several hours-long thunderstorm and more is forecast. We were in a drought. -- Griff

zone 7 in Virginia

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Mann" <lmann@volfirst.net>
To: "iris- talk" <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:48 AM
Subject: [iris] Re: TB: Rot Question

southern 'wobble' line for erratic weather seems to have been well east
and north of me this year.  We never got hit by abrupt drops to the
teens from warmer temperatures like used to be the the norm here.

If it looks like the same thing is going to happen in the future (more
than a week with above freezing temperatures, night and day, with some
days in the 70s, followed by an abrupt drop to below 25), adding an
extra layer of mulch or soil to give the plants some time to adjust may
save them.
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Checked by AVG Free Edition.