Re: REF: HYB: New RHS colour chart

Betty W. wrote:
Bought mine in the early 1990's from AIS so my guess
is that it's the 1986 version.  If memory serves it
was $35 at the time.  I've  kept them in the RHS box
and then inside a file drawer.  Tried to keep them  as
protected as possible.
With the best care and intentions the color is still
just a guess. Not worth the paper if no one else has
them.

I agree that it's still very difficult to match up a
living flower with a colored piece of paper [I have a
very hard time, and wonder if I might have some
color-vision-deficiency], but I think it's about the
best option we have. What other choices do we have? I
do realize that it's too expensive for most of us; I
never would have been able to have one, without it
being a very, very, generous Christmas gift. [Thanks a
million, Mom and Dad!]
Maybe your local Iris group would consider purchasing
one for sharing among its members.
Tom
http://mail.yahoo.com