HYB:Hybridizers

One of the topics for conversation, during this past winter, has been the
decreasing number of hybridizers.  Creating new irises is one of the  easiest
and most fun things I've ever done.  Would like to thank the friend  that
challenged me to make that first cross in the spring of 1986!

But, we need NEW hybridizers.  So, if you'd like to make a cross and  don't
know how . . . ask someone.  Most of us are willing to help.   Don't feel
intimidated.  I've been working on it for over 20 years and I'm  far from being an
expert!

You're not comfortable asking on the list?  Then e-mail some of us  privately
or off list.  I may not talk to my children for the next month,  but I'll
answer any question about hybridizing rebloomers!   <vbg>

In addition, the archives here at iris talk has a huge amount of  information
on hybridizing, and the Internet has several helpful sites.

If you're already a hybridizer of oncers?  Think about making at least  ONE
reblooming cross this year.  Please!  For my iris friends that  read this list
and never post, this means you too!  <vbg>

Teach a neighborhood child or family child how to make crosses this  spring!
We need them!  Even if they don't make a cross for 20 years,  they'll have
the knowledge.

Thanks for your time!

Isn't spring great?

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: