Re: TB: Cult: Branching and bud count

Francelle, I just wanted you to know that I am having late bloom here in
Tucson, and what has bloomed so far is also short on bud count.  I wouldn't  give
up on your seedlings that showed good bud count earlier.  As for this
year's, try to keep the ones with other good qualities & see if bud count is  better
next spring.

Keep up the good work!  I am really looking forward to growing some of  your
introductions some day!

Like you, our show is next weekend, & I will be lucky to have a dozen
entries, unlike my usual 30+.  Not only is bloom late, but birds have been  eating
the blooms and pecking at the buds, ruining most everything.  My  dutch iris
are doing very well, but that's about all. Yesterday, one of Margie's  seedlings
that I'm growing, was starting to open two blooms when I left for  town.
When I got back last night, both flowers were completely gone.   This drought is
bad - I've never had this problem in previous years.

Kathy Chilton
Tucson, AZ zone 8/9  where it's trying to rain a little  today.