  From: Matthew Booker
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 3:13 PM
  Subject: Re: [iris] TB: Rot Question

  I think my problem may have been that I took the "don't bury your
  rhizomes too deeply" advice too far. I think I may have left them too
  exposed considering my climate. Next year, I will try to find a better
  balance (and mulch a little more heavily than I did last fall).

  I spent two weeks in Taipei late January (about the same latitude as
  Miami), and I'd check the local Boston weather forecast every few days.
  There were days where the temps in Taipei & Boston were quite close. So
  much for my escape from cold weather.