Re: REF: HYB: New RHS colour chart

Plus, even if everyone had every version, and they were all stored the same and stayed true to printing people see things differently.  Some people are color blind and there might (I'm guessing, I'm not exactly 100% sure about details of color blindness) potentially be several colors on the chart that seem to match the plant when the hybrindizer looks at it and the same exact bloom might seem to match a different color to someone elses eye.
  For what it's worth... when I'm reading the checklists and I see a RHS number I skim over it.  I don't have the chart and even if I did I prolly wouldn't stop to look up all of the five or six different colors in a particular cvs description.  By the time you looked up the last one you'ld have forgotten the first and not be able to visualise the bloom any better for the RHS numbers.
  Besides... part of what makes a particular cultivar identifiable and distinctive is its form: bloom shape, substance, bud count, pbf, etc.  Are you going to make an RHS chart for those too?

Autmirislvr@aol.com wrote:
  In a message dated 4/4/2006 4:42:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,