Re: HYB:Hybridizers

In a message dated 4/6/2006 10:42:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,
flatnflashy@yahoo.com writes:

<<But there are so many little milestones in the two years  between cross and
bloom... how could you get bored?>>
Christian, for me it was just a way to stay involved with irises all year
round!  Research in the winter and some form of hands on activity the rest  of
the year.
My first large planting . . . 50 X 50 bed was beside a highway & took  people
by surprise.  Almost caused accidents.  Sure drew  attention.
I started working with rebloomers because people that came to my garden to
'look' would say . . . too much work for just a few weeks of bloom!  And
because I wasn't satisfied with the limited season myself.
Just the other day I told a neighbor that by late fall I hate irises, and
I'd just as soon never see another one!  That was the case for years, but  I've
come to realize it isn't true any more.  The fall bloom is so exciting  that
I'm not experiencing that feeling anymore.
But, I've come to understand the real reason for winter . . .  healing!

Our region is in for more bad weather today!  My neighbor had bought  lots of
plants and was loading her truck when one of our local weathermen passed  by.
 He told her she might not want to plant till after Friday!  Said  we're
getting HAIL.
I've bloom on 'Little Blue Eyes' and 'Sweethearts Again.'  SA is  missing a
standard on the open bloom.  More to come.
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: