Re: TB: First Flower of 06

Ellen -- It's a weird year. Here along the tidal Potomac in the Washington suburbs, I have bloomstalks up on more TBs than I can readily count. Among them are CLARENCE, ALLELUIA, ROBIN OF LOXLEY, ETERNAL BLISS and DAUGHTER OF STARS. DOS, a 2d-year plant here, has four stalks up and all are showing color! Meantime, the SDBs WHAT, AGAIN?, PLUM WINE and JEWEL BABY have been blooming for a week. Paul Hill's SWEETHEARTS AGAIN, a pretty little thing, opened overnight in the rain. About a dozen new SDB seedlings have opened, and two Intermediate seedlings are blooming. I believe I am going to have some TBs in bloom before all the SDBs have opened. Wild, wild, wild! -- Griff

zone 7 in Virginia, where overnight and morning rain was followed by a sunny afternoon, and now we're being lashed by a thunderstorm. Can't complain about the rain, though.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ellen Gallagher" <ellengalla@yahoo.com>
To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [iris] TB: First Flower of 06

Isn't this early even for TBs in coastal South Carolina? But what do I know when we have snow on the ground here in Northern New Hampshire?

"Williams, Michael" <Michael.Williams@hgtc.edu> wrote:
Here in Myrtle Beach, SC, my first flower opened yesterday, Thursday,
April 6th--Quandary - Keppel (01) It has a nice stalk full of buds, too

Mike Williams,

Zone 8, NE SC coast

Ellen Gallagher / ellengalla@yahoo.com / Editor, The Siberian Iris
Berlin, New Hampshire - USDA Zone 3