Re: HYB: New Hybridizing

If you start out the season and find you are not getting takes, you might change the time of day you are making crosses.  I found that humidity and highs of the day had great affect on my percentages.  If I knew it was going to be more than 85 here during the day, I tend to make late evening crosses.  It tends to be quite humid here on those days, you may have too little humidity and need to make crosses in the morning.

If you run into no takes, post and maybe the group can give you some ideas.  The people in the group are a wealth of information.

No matter what, if you make enough crosses, some of them are going to stick.

You and Matt will have to share your favorties with us when they bloom.

Good luck!

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 ne

where it pays to stock up on LOTS of allergy meds, achooo

Care2 make the world greener!

More than 300,000 seals could be killed in Canada this year - most of
them babies. Tell Canada's Prime Minister to stop the hunt now!

http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps nonprofits.