Re: Re: HYB: New Hybridizing

In a message dated 4/7/2006 11:14:23 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rshadlow@wildmail.com writes:

<<It tends to be quite humid here on those days, you may have too  little
humidity and need to make crosses in the  morning.>>
In my part of the country we can have too much humidity in the morning and
drying winds in the afternoon!  I've always liked to make crosses early in  the
morning.  My new place is against a creek and my humidity is through  the
roof.  Dew is heavy on the blooms some mornings.  I'm  going to experiment with
brining blooms inside the night before to open indoors,  OR, when possible,
harvest the pollen the night before.
My take rate is much lower in this new location, more wind, more dew,  etc.
Something like 40% last year.  So I have to moderate my  approach!  Or make
MORE crosses!  Now, there's a thought!!

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: