New Hybridisers

Betty wrote:

1) Take the anthers from one plant (pollen parent)
2) Choose pod parent. Place the pollen between the stigmatic lip and the
style crest. There is a small 'pocket' or recess that contains honey dew.
If this area is dry and does not glisten, a 'take' is unlikely to occur.

Some of you will remember that the subject of dry stigmatic lips was dealt with hilariously a couple of years ago. Basically the stigmatic lip can be moistened slightly with saliva to enhance pollenation. I have tried this to good effect, but more recently it has been the rain against me in Spring rather than dry weather.

Cheers, Jan in Oz Zone 9 Mid Autumn