CULT: When Flower Buds Are Formed

Good morning iris lovers:  I read somewhere that no one really knows exactly
when the buds are formed.  Well, I burned my front bed in January which
contains about 10 or so iris.  Everything made it back, including a very unhappy
camellia, except for a rose bush.  One of the iris is pushing up a bloom stalk so
this bud must have formed after the burn.  I didn't burn the far west part of
the bed and the iris there are not yet showing bloom stalks so more of the
burned ones may well still bloom.  Time will tell.
Barbara Null
Tyler, TX  zone 7b/8a