Re: Re: AIS:Passing of an Irisarian

In a message dated 4/11/2006 12:16:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

And,  like Lloyd Zurbrigg, helping other iris lovers until the last week
of her  life.  She provided invaluable help in the current update to  the
reblooming checklist.

Rosalie always contributed generously to the AIS including the Silent
Auction - both donating and buying!!  She always gave me a proxy to buy  items for
her and did many hundreds of $$ of purchases each year, even the last  two
Conventions which she could not attend.  One person in Fresno even had  the
audacity to object to the fact that this "absent person" was high bidder  when she
wasn't even there!!  Many of us know Rosalie's method of driving  up the bids
to benefit the final Silent Auction amount.

I also received a box from her (I think) yesterday with donations to the
Silent Auction which she must have had someone mail 4-5-06 from the UPS  store in
Baltimore - no note enclosed so I e-mailed her last night to verify  that she
had indeed sent it.  (If someone else sent it, please let me  know!)  They
are wonderful donations and I'll drive the bids up to get them  myself in memory
of her!!

I and many people will miss her funny jokes by e-mail and especially cat
pictures-I'm sorry she didn't get to see this copy of The Medianite with "Irises
and Companions" which has many cats that she so dearly loved!  She would
have loved it!!

There are hundreds of us in irisdom who were inspired by Rosalie for her
generosity of spirit, staunch support for the Youth groups and wise and
thoughtful advise about many iris and AIS related questions (to say nothing of  her
feminist support and politics in general!!!)

Rosalie definitely shaped our idea of what service to an organization  meant!
 We will surely miss her and will many others.

Our best wishes to all her family of whom she was so fond.

Rita &  Tom Gormley
AIS Silent Auction Chairs
Cedar Hill, MO
AIS Region 18,  Zone 5