Sophies Request

Randy wrote:
Hi Sophie,
You could check with Barry Blyth.
I doubt that he would have anything that old.
May be hard to find and iris garden that has this
cultivar and also exports to Australia.
Just thought I would write to let people know I had responded to Sophies e-mail, incase you all thought she had been ignored. It has been interesting to look up the introductions that Morris Kitton made back in the 60's. At first I was surprised to see that they were siberians, and then, when I started to note the various colours, I looked closer, to discover that many were sinosiberian crosses, and that Tomas Tamberg has used at least one in his work. I think it highly unlikely that any ever made their way to Australia from the UK.

It seems to me that Kitton was a fairly early pioneer in this field, and it would be interesting to find out what became of these irises. It would be sad if they all disappeared over time, but there seems to be fairly limited interest in growing these beautiful, but sometimes difficult irises.

Also I must say I am so sorry to hear of the passing of a lovely lady of irises, Rosalie. I will miss her always kind and generous postings, and send my sympathies to all who knew her well, and particularly her daughter who I believe is a member of this list.

Cheers, Jan in Aus.