RE: CULT: "Blooming Out"

  • Subject: RE: [iris] CULT: "Blooming Out"
  • From: "Williams, Michael" Michael.Williams@hgtc.edu
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:49:12 -0400

Thank you so much. It is amazing how quickly answers come on here! Your
explanation makes perfect sense, for I did not know that an individual
rhizome would only bloom one time.

Certainly, there is much variation in the number of increases spawned by
different varieties. However, one of the biggest clumps, Celebration
Song, with about 20 assorted sized fans, hasn't put up any stalks yet. I
know there is still time, but most others that large have stalks or at
least buds here by now. I wondered if it had "bloomed out"--now I know
that that is not the problem.

Thanks so much again for the explanation --

Mike Williams
Zone 8