Re: CULT: HYB: pots?

In a message dated 4/17/2006 10:47:42 A.M. Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

<<Are those the shallow 8" top diameter "mum" pots, or were those  in
bigger pots?>>
Linda, The ones in the past were simply some that were 'pushy' little
babies!  Several from a purple plicata cross, a red cross, and then the  white one I
liked so much last year.  They were in the mum pots where the  soil had
sifted out the holes.  Something like 2-3 inches of soil left in  the pots!   Some
just insist on being seen.  <vbg>
This year I had 1 left over seedling that came up from 1709 (Visiting
Royalty x Summer Radiance) and I left it in the pot.  It has a stalk now  and I
potted it up to one of the big ones and moved it over with my 'delicate'  pots.
This cross has such potential that I want to encourage any that  still want to
grow.  I don't want to risk failing to water it.  One of  the sibs had cream
standards, purple falls, and a red beard.  May have lost  it over at Jim's
Others were potted up to larger pots before I moved out here (Sweet
Addiction & sibs) and they bloomed in the pots the first fall (2003).   With that
cross, I potted the 4 strongest up to the 12-13 inch pots.  This  was before I
decided to move back out in the country.  I had that teeny  yard.
Most everything I've wanted to bloom this spring has put up stalks  already!
Don't know how I'm going to react!!  If I start talking jibberish,  you'll
know I went around the bend!  Wait!  That won't work!   I already do that!
<vbg>  I'll probably post pictures of  seedlings?  But if no one has heard from me
by the end of May?  Send  out a search party!
Mother Nature, don't stop me now!!
Where's my pillow???!!

If you  don't cross them, you can't  plant them!  (AND I do plan to cross
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris  Garden@website: