HYB:Seedling variations

In a message dated 4/21/2006 5:24:07 A.M. Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

<<The one thing that doesn't seem to change much is petal width  and
shape.  Color hasn't varied much for most of my seedlings so  far.>>

Linda, I see variations in EVERYTHING.  Not so much petal shape!   But I
guess the variations in form, width, and color are probably the most  difficult to
explain to the newer iris growers.  (not you!!)

It shows up more in some colors than others.  (I think)  Application can be
so variable depending on so many things.  And it's  not just with the maiden
bloom.  As an example I'm going to post a new  picture (attached) of 1509-3re,
taken just this morning.  To compare to the  one I posted earlier this week.

Today is cooler and getting ready to rain again.  The fall lines in  1509-3re
were almost invisible in the earlier picture and the standard were a  great
deal lighter.  I hope this shows up in the picture.  I was  shocked at the
difference.

In addition RADIANT BLISS is blooming this spring with a smaller bloom and
more intense color in the darker applications.  Hard to figure why, but so  far
it's also not as pretty to my eyes as it is in the fall garden.

Most of the rebloomers have smaller blooms than in the fall garden.   Same is
true for 1812-1re.  Although it is still one of my top 5-10 out of  the
entire 100+ that I've seen bloom.

But, of course these are all irises I've seen before, and (think) I know
what to expect.

We get an 'average' or 'normal' look.  Eventually!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 1509-3re_lines.jpg]