Re: HYB: seedlings

Linda, you are so lucky to be able to look over your seedlings.   I tripped last Friday, and broke my ankle.   I'm now in a cast, and a wheel chair.   The best I can do is look longingly out the window at them.
                                                     Pat in Dallas

Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net> wrote:
  Maiden bloom on IMMORTALITY X ROMANTIC EVENING - 6 stalks (!), starting
to show color and at least it's not white!

Row of IMMORTALITY grandchildren from ABOUT TOWN and from TWILIGHT
FANCIES starting to show color. Looks like the vacancy for blue amoenas
here is about to be filled to overflowing.

One of the VIOLET MIRACLE X (DUSKY CHALLENGER x GRAPE ICE) seedlings is
showing color - it's jet black. Not sure exactly what I was
expecting....was hoping for a DC type rebloom carrier. It may turn out
to be just dark purple, but the bud is definitely darker than the papa's
buds.

Christmas presents in April!

starting to pick up some substance in blooms, but am also
starting to encounter the same problems the rest of you have mentioned
with low bud counts & lack of or very high branching.

About 1/4 inch of rain here, finally.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
East Tennessee Iris Society