RE: RE: OT Who knows about a fax machine with a USB hook up

  • Subject: RE: [iris] RE: OT Who knows about a fax machine with a USB hook up
  • From: "Steve Szabo" steve@familyszabo.com
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:38:04 -0400

You would need to be a bit more specific than that. I, for one, would not
yet purchase a printer that would only connect via a USB port. I've seen
problems from way too many of them. I don't think the technology has matured
enough to be placed in the wide spread use all the computer makers want to
do with it. I've even seen problems with USB mice and keyboards--last week I
was reimaging a machine with a USB keyboard, and I had to restart the image
process 4 times before it recognized the keyboard--and the image came from
the machine itself.

I am currently shopping for a new machine and I am rejecting those that have
no parallel and serial ports out of hand. Sales guys don't have a clue.

FWIW, computer installation and maintenance are part of my job.

\\Steve//